Hotels By Day is the newest solution for both long layovers and local daycations. Guests get to use all of the hotels’ amenities, but at a fraction of the cost.
So what is Hotels By Day and why is it so convenient?
Hotels By Day is a service that lets you book a hotel, but during the day. Check-in is in the morning, and check-out is in the afternoon and rooms cost a fraction of the normal price because you aren’t staying overnight. Booking a day room is much more than the usual “day pass” that many hotels offer, because instead of only getting to use their pool and restaurants, you also get a room and all of the amenities that a normal guest would get.
When we first heard of Hotels By Day, we instantly loved the concept. Here’s why we think booking day rooms is so perfect:
- Long Layovers – Do you really want to stay in an airport for six to eight hours? Those seats aren’t comfortable, and you know it!
- Freshen Up – Having a hotel room for a few hours means you can take a nap, take a shower, and unwind after your flight. Basically, it’s the perfect way to recharge and get ready for your next adventure.
- Work – Ok, hear me out. Let’s say you arrive at your destination for a meeting and you’re flying back that night. Wouldn’t you like a nice place to go over your notes and get ready for your big presentation? It’s better than hanging out at a Starbucks all day.
- Sightseeing – With hotels in over 50 major cities, booking a day room means you can be in the middle of the action, even if only for a few hours. Plus, having a base to keep luggage and shopping bags is super convenient.
- Daycation – Even locals benefit from booking a day room. Have a romantic day date, or some much needed “me” time. Either way, the mini vacation will leave you feeling refreshed.
In our case, we used Hotels By Day for a daycation in South Beach. We stayed at the Congress Hotel, right on famous Ocean Drive. We checked in at 9 am and stayed until check-out at 3 pm (times vary, depending on the hotel). During that time, we relaxed, watched a little TV, hung out at their rooftop pool and bar, and crossed the street to spend time on the beach. It was the perfect day!
It was perfect for our daycation, but we think someone with a long layover in Miami would also benefit from booking a day room in South Beach. They’d get to experience the vibe of this popular area, mingle with locals, and then shower before heading back to the airport. Sounds fun and convenient to us!
Pro Tip: For a longer stay in the Magic City, here is a list of Free Things To Do In and Around Miami
Have you or would you book a room for a day? We’d love to read your comments below! 🙂
Like this post? Pin it for later!
**A big thank you to Hotels By Day for providing us with a complimentary day room. As always, however, all opinions are our own.**