It’s so nice to be nominated for this award, not once, but twice!!
The Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award is an award given to female bloggers around the world, and I’m so honored to have been nominated for it by Mags of Mags On The Move and Mel of Footsteps on the Globe. Blogging can be a thankless job at times, so awards like these can really be a pick me up. And it’s nice to be recognized by fellow bloggers who know how much work and effort goes into blogging.
Shortly after I started blogging I was nominated for a Liebster Award and the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award is similar in that it comes with certain rules:
- – Thank the blogger that nominated you
– Answer the 10 questions that blogger asked you
– Nominate 10 more bloggers
– Make up 10 new questions for your nominees to answer
So a big thank you to Mags and Mel for thinking of me and nominating me for this award. Below are my answers for both sets of questions…
Answers to Mags’ questions:
1. If you could only return to one destination (aside from where you live) for the rest of your life, where would it be?
- Wow, this is such a hard question!! But I guess if I have to choose one it would be Edinburgh, Scotland. Even though it’s been almost a year since I visited Edinburgh I can still picture it like it was yesterday. It was such a beautiful and magical city. I very quickly fell in love with it.
2. What’s your least favorite place you’ve traveled to and why?
- My least favorite place I’ve traveled was Brussels. Unfortunately, I had a bad experience which left a bad taste in my mouth. My rental car was broken into and my stuff was stolen, including a laptop.
3. How far in advance do you usually plan a trip?
- It depends really. On big trips, like the one I recently took to Ecuador and Peru, I plan for months. I like to do a lot of research so it takes a lot of time. On smaller trips, like maybe a weekend away, I usually only start planning about a week in advance.
4. What is the first thing you do when you arrive in a new city?
- The first thing I do is try to get my bearings. I don’t always have my phone, or wifi, so I like to pick up a local map and figure out where I am and where the places I want to go are.
5. Do you have a favorite item you never travel without? (particular suitcase, backpack, camera, etc.)
- Buddy, of course! And my camera. I always have to have my camera.
6. Share your best travel memory or experience.
7. Now, share your worst.
8. How long have you been blogging and what inspired you to start?
- I have been blogging almost a year now (holy shit!). I came up with the idea to start blogging one day while I was at work and dreaming of all the places I’d rather be. I already followed a couple of blogs and figured maybe I could do it too. The rest of the day I searched online for posts of how to start a blog. That night, I barely slept. I was staring at the ceiling, thinking of all the things I could write about. I wanted to show people that anyone could travel, even if you worked full time.
9. Where was the last place you traveled?
- A few weekends ago I drove up to central Florida for my birthday. I was going to go on a hot air balloon ride, but due to bad weather, it was cancelled. So instead we went to Legoland which still ended up being pretty fun.
10. Where are you headed to next?
- My next big trip will be to Asia, I’m hoping Thailand and Japan. But before then, I’m trying to go to a few more cities around the US and I definitely want to explore more of Florida. You don’t always have to travel very far to experience something new and exciting.
Answers to Mels’ questions:
1) Why did you start your blog?
- I started blogging because I wanted to tell people about where I had been and hoped that I could inspire them to travel.
2) What advice would you give to newbie bloggers?
- Do your research and get ready to put in some work! It isn’t just writing some stuff and putting up pictures. It’s so much more than that and it takes a lot of time. And if you want full time job benefits you have to put in full time hours.
3) If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
- I think this is a different question than Mags asked earlier so I’m going to answer it differently. If I could live anywhere in the world, it would have to be somewhere with a beach and palm trees. The beach is my happy place.
4) What has been your highlight of the year?
- Definitely spending time in the Galapagos and Machu Picchu. I’ve dreamed of going to them both for years and to be able to visit them on the same trip was just incredible. And being able to get so close to the llamas in Machu Picchu was so frickin’ cool!
5) What is your favourite quote?
- My favorite quote is by Elizabeth Gilbert, author of Eat, Pray, Love: “People tend to think that happiness is a stroke of luck, something that will descend like fine weather if you’re fortunate. But happiness is the result of personal effort. You fight for it, strive for it, insist upon it, and sometimes even travel around the world looking for it. You have to participate relentlessly.”
6) What is the best advice you have ever received?
- When it comes to blogging, the best advice I’ve received is to go at my own pace and not compare myself to others. The blogging world is very competitive and there are so many great bloggers out there. But it’s important to remember that we all lead different lives, therefore we should never try to compare one blog with another.
7) Congratulations! You’ve won an all-inclusive trip anywhere in the world. Where do you choose and why?
- I choose Iceland!! I’ve always wanted to see the Northern Lights there. I hear it’s really expensive though, so an all-inclusive trip would definitely be nice!
8) What movie or book has inspired you the most and why?
- Eat, Pray, Love without a doubt. Liz was able to accomplish so much after going through some pretty terrible things. She proved that she could go beyond what she thought she was capable of, and has inspired me to face fears and do what I thought was best for me, no matter what others thought.
9) We’re at the bar, what are you having?
- I’m a rum girl so I’ll be having a rum and coke, thank you!
10) And finally…what three things do you aim to achieve in your future?
- Hmm… three things… Well I obviously want to travel more. I’d love to eventually start making some money off of my blog. And, I’d love to get an email one day from a stranger saying that they’re taking some huge trip and it was because I inspired them to do it. Yeah, that would be awesome…
I would now like to nominate:
G from Travel with G
Michele from Travel with Mrs. T.
Melody of Wherever I May Roam
Holly from The Brave Little Cheesehead
Nat from Love and Road
Brenda from Dish Our Town
Toni from 2 Aussie Travellers
Dawn from Life, Love and Adventure
Shannon from Camera & Carry On
Liz from Peanuts or Pretzels
My questions are:
1. What is your dream destination?
2. Do you speak any other languages? If you don’t, which would you like to learn?
3. What aspect of your blog would you like to improve? (writing, photos, social media, etc.)
4. Have you tried any dishes that have been out of your comfort zone?
5. Have you ever forgotten something before a trip and it caused some major headaches? How did you deal with it?
6. Which country or city has surprised you the most? Good or bad.
7. What travel related experience are you most proud of?
8. Do you prefer hot or cold climates?
9. If you could say one thing to your readers, what would it be?
10. Did you have a favorite stuffed animal when you were a kid?
This has been fun and I can’t wait to read your answers! 🙂